Let’s hope the worst of winter is behind us and we’re all looking forward to sunny, spring days ahead. I’m ready to banish my dry, dull skin with this easy DIY lavender whipped body butter. I love the simplicity of this recipe and that each ingredient is all-natural, organic and incredibly good for our bodies. Get ready to slather your body in this rich body cream that’ll instantly transport you to a luxurious spa and become a new fave!
I love having fresh lavender throughout my bedroom, bathroom and closet. It gives off such a calming, relaxing fragrance and the essential oil used in the whipped body butter mimics the same properties. Allow your mind and body to unwind and kick your feet up with a nice glass of wine while the body butter soaks in. These ingredients are gentle and safe for babies and children as well, I use this on my daughters instead of store bought cream.
Ingredients for lavender whipped body butter:
- ½ cup coconut oil (solid form)
- 2-3 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 2-3 tablespoons jojoba oil
- ½ cup shea butter
- 15-20 drops of lavender essential oil
- Glass jars with lids
How to make whipped body butter:
- Add the coconut oil, almond oil and shea butter to a stainless steel or glass mixing bowl. Using a double boiler method, constantly stir with a whisk until melted.
- Remove from heat and place in fridge to cool. You want the mixture to harden so you get a whipped texture in the next step
- Once solid, add essential oils and use a hand mixer to whisk mixture until creamy. Immediately spoon into glass jars and seal with an airtight lid.
This soothing whipped body butter is the perfect compliment to a relaxing lavender body scrub you’ve hopefully already made. I try to use a body scrub at least once a week! After giving your body a good scrub, immediately follow it up with this soothing body butter to lock in the moisture and leave your skin hydrated all day long.
You can never go wrong pairing coconut oil and shea butter in your natural skincare routine. Coconut oil has natural fatty acids that protect, heal and soothe the skin. Shea butter is a skin superfood due to it being naturally rich in vitamins A, E and F and it offers a tiny bit of UV protection. Using this body butter regularly will give your skin a boost of nourishment that’ll have you glowing throughout the day.
I did a bit of research on store bought soaps and creams after having my daughters and truly, they are the reason I started making my own cream. After learning about the different chemicals that make up those products and the purposes major companies use those chemicals, you’ll want to look into homemade options yourself!
Please let me know if you try this DIY Lavender whipped body butter and how you like it!
Read my previous blogs here and stay tuned for more!